Join Our Community
The mission of One Bright Ray Community High School, an independent, accelerated high school, is to provide a quality education to Philadelphia’s, over-aged and under-credited students in search of a positive school experience while earning their diploma. We provide a supportive environment free of negative labels that challenges each student to explore his or her personal and academic potential through Project Based Learning. We engage in restorative practices to create healthy respectful relationships that foster productivity, a positive outlook, and high self-esteem. We provide a second chance, sometimes a last chance, for our students in their pursuit of a high school diploma.
Aspiring community members are those who are….
- Certified School Leaders and/or Teachers
- Passionate about urban education
- Dedicated and willing to go above and beyond to meet the needs of our students and team members
- Creative and flexible in creating cognitively engaging instruction that connects to real world opportunities
- Able to engage in an alternative approach to teaching and learning
- Patient with students and/or teachers who need additional support
- Open to developing their own reflective practices and to continue their own professional growth
- Willing and able to collaborate with others
If you’re interested in applying to an open position at One Bright Ray Community High School, please do so through PAREAP.net.
All current open positions:
Dean of Academics
Part Time English Teacher
Part Time Math Teacher
Part Time History Teacher