Join Our Community
The mission of One Bright Ray Community High School, an independent, accelerated high school, is to provide quality education to Philadelphia’s, over-aged and under-credited students in search of a positive school experience while earning their diploma. We provide a supportive environment free of negative labels that challenge each student to explore his or her personal and academic potential through Project-Based Learning. We engage in restorative practices to create healthy respectful relationships that foster productivity, a positive outlook, and high self-esteem. We provide a second chance, sometimes a last chance, for our students in their pursuit of a high school diploma.
Aspiring community members are those who are…
- Certified School Leaders and/or Teachers
- Passionate about urban education
- Dedicated and willing to go above and beyond to meet the needs of our students and team members
- Creative and flexible in creating cognitively engaging instruction that connects to real world opportunities
- Able to engage in an alternative approach to teaching and learning
- Patient with students and/or teachers who need additional support
- Open to developing their own reflective practices and to continue their own professional growth
- Willing and able to collaborate with others
If you’re interested in applying for one of the following open positions, please send your updated resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
One Bright Ray is hiring the following positions for the upcoming 2021-2022 Academic School Year!
Dean of Academics
Special Education Teacher
English Language Development Teacher (ESL)